Monday, May 24, 2010

Kind of a funny story....

While out of town we stayed at a small motel that had a continental breakfast...nothing fancy, but it got the job done. They furnished several cereals, milk, toast, donuts, juice and coffee. The first day I had a bowl of cereal and some juice. The others were consuming the donuts...after they were commenting on how good they were I became weak and decided to have a try! As I picked up a plate and declared my plan to lay my hands on a deliciously glazed donut my 7 yr old son cried out something along the lines of "No Mommy! Your calories and your diet!" This took all the wind out of my sails! I dropped the plate and sat back down not sure if I should laugh or cry, but later I was thankful! Thanks M!

3 comments:

  1. LOL! Love it...oh man I have NEVER ate so terriable on a vacation..its like I did not care. :( Oh well....everywhere we went my choices to choose from were awful. But home now and looking forward to hitting the park with ya;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what did you eat? I hope it was at least yummy! Nothing worse than eating calories that don't taste good!

    Yes, we need to hit the park. I've been on a roll- lets just see if I can keep it that way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The food up there was terrible! Northern food...ugh! No taste..no good chain restaurants, no good mom and pop places. And high prices!

    ReplyDelete