Thursday, May 27, 2010

And the Rain Passed Us Over!

Headed out the door this evening to hit the park for a walk with my fab cuz! It was thundering and flashing a few bolts of lightning in the not-to-far-off distance, but we went anyway. Wondering if we would get doused we huffed it around the track...before we knew we had walked around three times! A total of 3.45 miles not including the short distance in the parking lot we crossed each time to hit the loop again. Exercising with a friend be it walking or attempting tennis makes a huge difference! Such a pleasure to have girl time- laugh, cry and burn calories! =D

My new project- inspired by the cuz is a walking skirt. She gave me an idea for a simple A-line style with a drawstring waist. So tomorrow I'm hitting the fabric store and then back home for a major sewing fest! I'll let you know if it makes the grade.

7 comments:

  1. Tell me more about the walking shirt...I can't picture it, but what are the benefits?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know the black skirt I wore the other day? It would be like that but a little longer....the black won is just on the short side for me and I have to pull it down to make it decent enough. I plan to hopefully make several of these...good for working out and then general stuff around the house. I just had a thought...I wonder how hard it would be to add onto the black skirt?! Hmm......

    Anywho, she told me that another sister measures her waist and her hips. Then she cuts the material in an A-line style to fit those measurements and then installs a drawstring waistband. This is very simple style. It might take me a couple of tries to work out any kinks, but I think in all it should go ok. I might use the skirt I use for cleaning as a guide to cut from. It's A-line and the right length.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and the benefits would be light weight, comfortable and be decent enough to wear out for walking and yard work. Not to mention having more than one skirt for this use would be nice for a change! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I know...I spelled "one" or should I say I have the wrong usage! It was a typing blooper- I promise! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Humm youll have to make me one too.lol I am sooooore! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I could make you one if you want me to! =D

    You know the old saying- "no pain no gain!" It wasn't until I first exercised that I totally understood that saying. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just bought another sewing project for myself...have to see if it turns out and then I'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete