Monday, March 29, 2010

Gotta Love Mondays! :S

It's Monday again. We're off to a decent start around here. Still have a lot to do though before heading to church tonight. Now that school is complete we'll have some lunch then off to Toys R Us for Matthew's birthday gift from Grammy and PaPa, then to the bank and then back home for hand dipped candle experiments, ironing church clothes and ....wow, I think that's it. =O Good thing we're having leftover lasagna (low fat veggie lasagna)!

On the front lines- off to a good start for the week. I was encouraged to put on my skirt yesterday and have it fit a little better than before. I'll take what I can get! lol Here's what I've had so far:

english muffin (light version) - 1pt
1 organic egg (cooked over easy with PAM only) 2 pts.
1 slice WW cheese - 1 pt
1 piece turkey bacon- 1 pt
Coffee- 0
Large (about 10 oz) water

Total- 5 pts. Considering how much yolk ran down my shirt, skirt and onto the floor when I bit into it, I wouldn't be surprised if it was 4 pts. instead! lol I know this seems a lot, but I've noticed if I eat a decent breakfast then I can go longer and maintain myself better. Also, as I was discussing with JoJo the other day, I need more protein in my diet. Eggs have a certain kind of protein that stick with you longer....I actually read this in my Fitness magazine.

Hope you're all having a great day! =)

4 comments:

  1. I know everyone says a good breakfast helps you maintain a healthier weight, but I always get hungry when I eat breakfast--no matter what it is. I had 2 eggs, 2 pcs of wheat toast, and hashbrowns yesterday morning, and I was hungry an hour later! S cooks everything on the same griddle, so the eggs get bacon grease, along with the hashbrowns. I'll ask him to poach an egg for me next time and forgo the potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. =0 That's weird! I would think that should last you 3 or 4 hours, but perhaps it really spurs your metabolism on! So if this doesn't fill you up for long in the morning then what does?

    Good idea! Also, have you tried turkey bacon? I like regular bacon, but I really like turkey bacon as well. I like the flavor and way less greasy. Second question....is your bread %100 whole wheat or does it just have wheat flour in? This would probably effect the protein and fiber content. What if you had one piece of toast, egg and some canadian bacon (I don't know if you ever had this lean type of ham and yummy) instead? Just a few thoughts. Not really sure what even the point difference would be at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas, but I don't like bacon. I don't eat bacon. Therefore, I don't need to worry about bacon points (yeah!). I bought what I thought was better bread, but later looked at the label and found 2 slices are worth 3 pts instead of 2--the nerve!

    Actually, it's just no matter what, if I eat breakfast, I get hungry early--like at 10 or 11. It's ridiculous. I try to stay full by drinking lots of water, but it only goes so far.

    Oh, I did discover I love ground turkey! I like it better than beef and deer! S isn't so happy about my new-found love, but I was excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol! U could portion it out into single portions and just use it for yourself while the others each regular. I do things like that around here sometimes and T doesn't mind. When they would eat burgers or something I might eat a portabello mushroom sandwich instead. YUM!

    ReplyDelete