Wednesday, March 24, 2010

And the Battle of the Bulge Rages On.....

On the battlefront-
Not too bad for day one of WW.. I think I went a little over my points after adding up but not by too much. Breakfast was cream of wheat (made with water and mixed with 1 pk of Truvia- 4 pts), one banana cut up in it, and drizzled with 1 tsp chocolate syrup. I cleaned today and came home very hungry....I couldn't resist the couple pieces of pizza crust leftover (I had to guess here- 4 pts.)....aren't I pathetic?! Anyway, I made myself a portabello sandwich (3 pts)....I did have a couple of tootsie rolls (again, pathetic comes to mind) (3 pts). Dinner was spaghetti with whole wheat pasta, mushroom marinara sauce, 1 meatball and 3 pieces of multigrain garlic bread (10 pts). Don't ya all freak out on me now! For my bread I cut up and place on a sheet. Then lightly spray with Pam and sprinkle with garlic powder and then very lightly with garlic salt if you have it. Broil until desired brownness. I also ate some pistachios. (1 pt.)

Total: 25 points

I would have done really well if it wasn't for the crusts and tootsie rolls! A goal for tomorrow. Something I do fine hard to stop is tasting while cooking. A lot of times I will taste something (like pasta sauce for instance) to determine if it needs more seasoning. This can add up quickly if not careful....and quite frankly, I don't have a lot of pts to spare! Would love to get on the treadmill but have a boatload of laundry waiting for me to fold. Perhaps I can get it done quickly!

So the battle ensues!

6 comments:

  1. That's one thing I don't do--taste while cooking. You could try brushing your teeth right before you start cooking so you won't feel like trying anything :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea! I'd have really clean teeth too! =) Something else I've done in the past is chew gum while cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How in the world can you serve something without tasting???????????? hahah When I was hardcore WW I just added 1 point to every meal for tasting alone. I know it wouldnt be hard to go over 1 point so LIMIT tasting..but goodness you gotta taste before you serve!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's how I feel! I'm always wondering will we get to the table and someone will be like "this is gross!" I just want to limit my tasting (a.k.a- snacking) while I'm cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always just set the food on the table and say, "I'm trying something new. Taste it." lol I never feel like my hands are clean enough to taste while cooking (from dealing with the food), so the only temptation I ever have is to eat the cheese I put into dishes. You know how I am with cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol! I remember the first time I saw you eat a taco! You had so much cheese on it- it looked like the whole block! I like cheese too! It would be at the top of the list of foods I like to eat all the time!

    ReplyDelete