Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Cute Springy Dress.......

So there I was strolling through Dillards' dress section on my way to the undergarments section when I saw it....the cute, springy dress....black, white and pink. As I zoomed by it quickly caught my eye and I turned around to check it out a little closer. The first thought was what a whale I would look like it in...but what a pretty summer dress it would make for church. Once upon a time..in a galaxy far far away, I could have worn it. Why did I have to be this way?! I sometimes feel like I'm ruled by the scale...the more I weigh the more I feel embarrassed in front of my friends and family. No one has ever really said anything to hurt me, but my self confidence takes a nose dive. As Anne Shirley would say "I'm in the depths of despair!" Perhaps it did something for me though...was it my moment of truth? I was supposed to get dessert for the fam while I was out...I got them a chocolate cake from the store and I bought myself some sugar free jello! Afterwards I did my Biggest Loser challenge and then 30 minutes of aerobics. Perhaps if I keep thinking about that dress it will keep me focused on the finish line! Till next time....

My tip for the day: Make your husband's lunch just after eating dinner...you'll be full and less tempted to snack as you assemble! =D

2 comments:

  1. Guess this tip would help if I made his lunch lol! I never know what he wants, and since he doesn't like bread to touch meat until it's made, he handles his lunches.

    It's amazing how embarrassed we become based on what we look like on the outside. I was so depressed yesterday after getting on the scale, that food lost its flavor. I went out to eat with my mom and the salad was good, but I cut back on everything else, and what I did eat, didn't taste that great. Perhaps it was the congested nose, or perhaps the Lord is allowing me time to shed some pounds. I don't know, but I was thankful.

    One question: you said you felt that way in front of friends and even loved ones--aren't they they loved ones too? ;-)

    Keep it up, and you can easily fit in that summer dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, if he's happy making his own lunches that's one less temptation for you to worry about! =)

    Yes they/you are! =D I guess what I should have wrote was friends and family! I think I'll edit that one!

    Great....I just heard someone say on the news "get in there and exercise"...must be a sign! lol

    ReplyDelete