Friday, November 19, 2010

Sinful Sweets! =O

Today we went to craft day for our little homeschool group and had a great time! There was lots of yummy goodies to be had- both sweet and savory. I did partake of them, but tried not to overdo. One thing I notice, if I do eat those type of foods then I seem to have a harder time controlling myself throughout the rest of the day. I had to do some shopping this evening for some exercise gear and then to the store for some groceries. Monday is T's bday.....UGH! He has requested his fav cake and also a cherry pie- YIKES!! Not to mention later that same weekend is Thanksgiving......=O I'm officially frightened. I've been working really hard these last two weeks and I don't want to blow it all in one week. So they say the key is to plan ahead. Strategy....take cake with us to his family's house and share it! he, he.....there will be enough people there that most if not all the cake will be gone before we come home! So that leaves only the pie to worry about lurking around the house and staring at me...hmmmm....perhaps we could arrange an accident for it. lol No no, I'm just kidding, but perhaps I can challenge myself to leave it just for him.

Thanksgiving is another story....I'm trying to think of some ways to lighten the meal up, but still enjoy what I like the most. I really like a traditional style meal for Thanksgiving...I think more than anything is some of the memories that go with it...not to mention turkey and cornbread stuffing is to die for! I will also be trying to boost my cardio as much as possible to help burn off any unsavory calories that manage to make it into my mouth.

Didn't get to post yesterday...went cookbook selling so I got some walking in, but not as much as I would like. Plan to get back with the routine tomorrow morning.




No comments:

Post a Comment