Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Getting Ready!

I did it! I checked out the "Flat Belly Diet" from the library. So far I'm impressed with the vibe I'm getting from it. It gives you a breakdown of the fat makeup of your body and why certain types of fat are very important to your body and when these fats can become deadly. It's scary to say this, but because I carry a high amount of fat in the belly region, I'm at major risk for a whole slew of health issues. A road I don't want to take. While I'm still here on this earth, I want to live a happy and healthy life. God has always been good to me.....He gave me this body and I want to care of it. Even more important, I want to set the example for my family. I do still need to get over the stigma of eating more fat. I grew up in the era where all types of fat were lumped together and demonized! Everything was fat-free, fat-free and fat-free. Instead we all gained because we ate too many calories! The thought of eating 4-400 calorie meals (one is considered a snack) with healthy fats is still scary for me. I'm so afraid of gaining more! But the book tells me there is a quick response from the body due to this type of eating. I'll let you know how I fair and what I'm eating for my meals. I'm going to take the leap starting in the am....wish me luck! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment