Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Chance Meeting? I Think Not!

So tonight our company arrived in town and we meant at a local restaurant for dinner. By the time we arrived it was later in the evening and the dinner rush was pretty much over leaving only a few patrons here and there. Informing the hostess that we had 10 in our group she quickly arranged two tables together for us. Sitting down we all began to chat and visit for a few minutes while looking over the menu. After a short time we had decided it was time to pray over the food. While praying, I heard someone say "Praise Jesus!"....this did not come from our table but from someone sitting behind me! When we finished praying I looked behind me and smiled at the couple sitting in the booth directly behind me. Smiling back he commented to us, "It's nice to see a Christian family praying" and agreeing one member of our party commented back, "Yes, it's not something you see too often". The conversation that followed was pretty cool. Come to find out this man had been in A.A. Allen's meetings, was prayed for by him and was very familiar with Bro. Branham. He had even seen the Halo picture. He asked lots of questions about Bro. Branham's meetings and the healings that took place. It really caught my attention that this man only asked about the healings and not the WORD! A.A. Allen's meetings didn't hold a candle to Bro. Branham's when it came to the outpouring of the Word and miracles. He asked about the Tabernacle and such. He commented that he had ran into a lot of people that went to the Tabernacle recently and I think it was peaking his interest even more. We mentioned visiting Voice of God and told him about the tours. After all this his companion (I presume it was his wife) was sitting there, with pants, short hair, and the whole nine yards. Once again I thought about how they wanted the miracles but not the WORD! Perhaps some day soon the Lord will open their eyes. He even asked to pray for my son. We certainly wasn't going to say "No" to him regarding this issue. I didn't get into explaining that he was already healed and such...didn't feel the leading for that. Kind of felt like it was part of the Lord's plan for the evening. He prayed a very sweet prayer and you could feel the Anointing....just like Bro. Branham said- you could have the Anointing and still not have the Word in your heart! Afterwards he gave us his card and said he wanted to know when his hand was finished growing...hmm.....wondering how the Lord might use this!

I don't usually blog about things like this. I tend to hold things in my heart very close and quiet. I'm trying to open up a bit more...something I've thought on for quite a while now...perhaps a bit of good therapy! lol Over the years I've always been a good listener but never really good about opening up...not that I didn't trust whom I was talking to, but it was just my nature and still is. There is a lot of things that I won't discuss because we shouldn't and I always try to look the the Positive....A lot of times I will say, "Look to the Promise". This is my way of saying, "Yes, there is this negative, but let's put that on the shelf and let the Lord take care of that...instead I'm going to look to the Positive and expect good things". More than anything I want to go beyond the surface so that others will know who I am deep down.

2 comments:

  1. Ok, where'd you go? I had a dream about you and the kids last night, so I thought I'd see where you've disappeared to...you haven't fallen off the cliff in this pic have you? lol

    Speaking of pics, add pics to your blog! I want to see some action moments :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! We didn't fall off the cliff- yet! Actually, we did go out of town for a couple of days to Cedar Point as I mentioned in our conversation. We had some pretty hectic things going on around here but things are getting better. I do need to post pics, but I can't seem to get myself to sit down long enough to post. I'll try soon!

    ReplyDelete